Sunday, October 11, 2009

Stake Out

[Nick Rapper reporting live from Web Design on this lovely Thursday, October the fifteenth. Let's begin.]
Hello. I hear Jen and Dave talking about some Supervillains concert. Huh? Forget this Web Design project. I'm gonna listen in. Tonight, the Supervillains at Wellmont. Does Dave know it's Thursday -- ya know, school tomorrow? Let me make sure.
"Um, Miss, if we don't finish the project today can we finish it tomorrow?"
She responded, "Yes -- I said it was due on Monday fifty times Nick. By the way, go see my play Ska Hate You. It's at select universities now."
No one cares, teacher. Anyway, Dave knows tomorrow is a school day -- now let's listen to his discourse.
"What kind of music do they play?" Wilbur asks.
"Ska. You better listen to mo' ska, son," Dave responds.
Wilbur's not going. What the hell is this? Jen, talk. Come on, I want specifics. Like time. Shit -- Dave is talking about places to start in the ska universe. Jen, throw in a recommendation! Sigh.

I'm right outside Wellmont. About to buy tickets for this Supervillains show. Gonna give you a detailed report of this Jen-Dave date.
Yes, I'll shelf over twenty bucks. Nice seats. Chill folks. Brief crowd scan reveals no Jen or Dave.
Let me backtrack. Obviously I disguised myself. I got a Ralph Lauren polo and some Levi's skinny jeans. I put some face paint on. Wearin' some Uggs. Very embarrassing. Oh, and I put some shades on. Finishing touch.
There they are. Dave's wearing his signature (skater) striped sweater. Jen's wearing -- drool -- a nice ska blouse. . . huh? Not sure.
Opening band, Screaming Females, take the floor.

That was okay. I didn't know opening bands play eleven songs, though. Supervillains are on. Yay. They picked the wrong venue. Almost half the people here are in suits. What the hell? Okay. I gave you the setting, the mood, the specifics -- be back in a bit to give you the full date. No, this isn't weird. See ya in a few.

1 comment: